From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 8:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Spanning Tree in a Cisco / Cabltron (Enterasys) environment
[7:41944]

We have a mixed environment of Enterasys E7, Cabletron 6000, Cabletron MMACs
and
a Cisco 2948. They are all running IEEE spanning tree. The Switches report
that
the Spanning tree topology keeps changing. Example, according to the Cisco
2948
its changed 9 times in under 24 hours (since I've put it in). I'm not sure
what
could be causing this or if this even something to be concerned about.

Another thing that's got me is that I can't find the MAC address of the
spanning
tree root switch. I've looked at all the switched, but cannot seem to find
it.

Any Help appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob