It's already been said that getting the lines run is usually too expensive.
I know from experience. In my area it was $200/mo to install. $80 for 2 B
channels. That's just 1 ptp link. you would need to buy another ISDN line to
get 4 B channels, and be able to use multilink ppp connections. ($160/mo
recurring costs)

Simulators. I bought a used Teltone Demonstrator and 2 NT1 devices for
$1400. I almost bought an alternative - a 2610 with NM-2V, VIC-2-BRI-NT,
which will simulate an ISDN network. The cost on them is almost the same as
a regular simulator, with the ISDN simulator being more supported, possibly
more "accurate", and ready to use, no configs required.

Here's my suggestion for a "shoe string" option.
You mentioned your shool, but you say your schedule is off. You can schedule
time on remote racks, and you'll have access to the equipment remotely. This
way, you can plan on having a day of access to the rack, rather than "hit
and miss". I offer this type of rack access at www.CCIEwannabe.com. There
you can access all of my routers, and practice on my ISDN simulator.

For example, my cost of $20 for 24 hours of access will get you access to
the ISDN network, without large investment in equipment. In another month,
you can come back, and refine your skills. Your cost after this point would
be about as much as it costs to ship a simulator.

For me, buying a simulator made the most sense, because I provide it as a
service to Cisco canidates. You'll have to determine how much you would be
willing to spend to rent, or if it's worth it to put somewhere near $1300 in
your home lab. If you find you're wanting to use ISDN daily, the simulator
may be a good choice.

There are a few good reasons to buy a simulator. You can usually resell it
for somewhere close to what you paid for it. If you have ISDN routers at
your house, you can access them any time, without scheduling the time.

I'll list a couple other online racks you can investigate. I don't know if
all of them have ISDN, and I have no connection or experience with these
labs, I have seen them around, and I'm just providing them for reference.

www.realrouterlabs.com
www.practicelabs.net
www.cciegym.com
www.fatkid.com