You will use the dialer idle-timeout command on the Dialer interface (or the
Async interface if you're doing it that way), and use the exec timeout
command on the line
i.e.

interface dialer 1   (or:  interface async 1, etc)
 dialer idle-timeout 900 (900 seconds = 15 minutes... set to whatever you
want)
!
line 1 18      (we have 18 Mica digital modems installed so we reference
them as line 1-18 but choose the lines that correspond to the Dialer/Async
interface(s))
 exec-timeout 0 0

When you were saying you use port 0 on the 5300, to what are you referring?
Do you have a modem attached to an Async Serial line?  What's your setup?

Mike W.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121