I took the CCIE R&S Beta this afternoon, here's what I experienced:

About 1/5 of the exam I thought should be on the CCNA instead (Make
    sure you know ITM well for this part)
About 1/5 of the exam I only knew because of my 5 years+ IP/Ethernet
    Cat5k/Cat6k/7x00 experience (especially know IP Multicast, OSPF,
    BGP, STP, VLAN, UDLD, VACL/RACL, etc)
About 1/5 of the exam I thought were really math questions and not
    Cisco questions (Know various QoS case scenarios from IP, FR,
    ATM, etc)
About 1/5 of the exam I figured only a person who worked 5 years+
    doing IPX would know
About 1/5 of the exam I figured only a person who worked 5 years+
    doing SNA/DLSw+ would know

Which means I probably got 2/5's of the test's answers wrong, putting
me ~60%.  I hope the pass rate is near that number.

When you go through the blueprint, do not skip over anything; it's
all on the exam.

The insight that there are a lot of IP Multicast and Catalyst 6500
questions was true in my experience as well.  If you don't know
those down cold, you probably shouldn't bother taking the test.

Cisco LAN Switching is not enough to get by, but Routing TCP/IP
Volume II is probably the best book you could read that covers a
lot of the material (lucky I read this the night before the exam).

If you are lacking in any areas, reading isn't going to help too
too much since a lot of the questions are really exercises with
real world examples and interesting concepts that can only be applied
with hands-on exposure.  Make sure you get that hands-on exposure
if you aren't working with it day-to-day.

-dre