I'm reading Priscilla's "Top-Down Network Design". I recommend it as a
complement to the Semester 7 BCMSN books.

Is there a design strategy or methodology that I can use to diagram
application layers into the logical topology? The application I have
in mind is AVVID. Suppose the implementation was to take place in two
phases: integration of data and IP telephony in phase I, adding video
conferencing in phase II. Suppose also that the design included
several VG200's and the MCS 7800 (either 7825-800 or 7835-1000), also
a switching backbone consisting of 6509 switch with supervisor engine
in module 1 and 48-port IP phone blades in modules 2, 3, etc. Phase I
would use external 2600 routers; in phase II routing would be moved to
the 6509, keeping one or more of the 2600's as backup.

Is there a standard technique for incorporating AVVID applications
such as this in the logical and/or physical network diagram? I'd
especially like to find a template of the logical components and how
they interact with each other. That might help explain how to select
the hardware and software, and where to locate them in the logical and
physical topologies.

-- TIA, TT