At 9:31 AM -0400 5/1/02, Tom Scott wrote:
>Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:
>
>>  Do you know about the "Cisco IP Telephony Network Design Guide" here:
>>

>http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ip_tele/network/index.htm
>
>Thanks for the reference. Oddly enough, I had it in my bookmarks. For
>whatever reason
>it didn't get through my knowledge (read "ignorance") filters. l'll pay
>attention this
>time.
>
>-- TT

I'm not sure, Tom, if this is one of the confusing things, but I've
always found it a graphic challenge that telephony really has two
communications paths:  the control/signaling path for call setup and
the like, and the information transfer path.  These paths may share
the same medium at times, whether copper pair or LAN, but they
diverge at some point to Call Manager, SS7, etc.