Howard,

Do you think that the current flattening of the topology will result in
instability on the internet ? Is there current proposal to replace BGP as
the current EGPs on the internet.

I don't have the detail, but about one or two years back, you mentioned that
traffic engineering as it is, on the internet faced difficulties due to
basic concepts of EGPs, i.e. you cannot control traffics once it leave your
AS.. how has that change in the last 2 years ? The problem still exists that
if I cannot be certain where I'm connecting from, I cannot traffic engineer
since inter-AS co-operations are necessary...