Steven Pilkerton wrote:

> I have taken the router, switching and remote access exams, and am about to
> take the support exam.  I have heard from some that the CIT exam is the
> easiest and I have heard from others that it is one of the hardest.  I
would
> like to get the boards perspective on this.  Thanks.

If the CIT certification exam is anything like Semester 8 of the Cisco
Academy program,
it won't be the easiest. The experience of others in my class is the same.

The only course and certification exam that was difficult up to this point
was routing
(BSCN / Semester 5). The reason the CIT material has been difficult is that
it requires
comprehensive knowledge of all three areas (routing, switching, remote
access), and it
adds another dimension, troubleshooting methodology and tools, to the mix.
The tools we
used most often in the troubleshooting labs were native debug and show
diagnostics that
every router and switch has, although there were some exercises with
CiscoWorks,
protocol analysis and network monitoring.

I'm glad I took the course, as I've learned a systematic approach to the
defining of
symptoms and problems, gathering data, laying out the possible causes and
solutions of
the problems, action plans and execution, and documentation of the final
resolution.
Included in the methodology is the isolation of problems, layer by layer,
router by
router, interface by interface, link by link ("divide and conquer"). If
you're good at
native diagnostics (sho and debug), you've got a real advantage. For me it's
challenge. I'll be glad when it's over in a couple of weeks.

There's still the question, What is the certification exam like? I hope we
get an
answer. Specifically, I'd like to know how others would compare it to the
routing exam
in difficulty.

-- TT