CIT was easy, I got a 950 the book is so straight forward (Cisco press).
But I think there are some wording mistakes. Routing was the hardest for
me because it was my first exam. Switching was interesting to me, so it
was not hard, but not easy. Then there was BCRAN. Hmmm. I thought I knew
everything they asked, but only walked away with an 890. However, I was
in panic mode for the whole exam. The most challenging thing about this
exam, was navigating the 30" command list on this 7" monitor on the 8088
they gave me. Then I had difficulty going back and forth to triple check
spelling. I am the type to make typos, I make tons of typos. Being the
paranoid type of person I am, I was sweating about the time. Most test I
get them done very quickly, the "you know it, or you don't" approach.
Computers cost 300$ now, would it kill the testing center to have a few
newer PCs. I alone have spent at least 2000$ in this one testing center
I go to. They take no pride in the testing center either, trash at the
stations, machines not started. Or at a "It is now safe to turn of your
computer" prompt. To make matters worse, the day I was going to take
BCRAN, I scheduled it for a Sunday at 7PM so I would have plenty of time
before the exam to gather thoughts. They call me at 9am, "Hello, could
you come in early to take your exam, we would like to go home early
tonight, we are closing the testing center early". I had to go in a
different time then I was scheduled for the exam. I could have made a
lot of trouble for them, but I just came in early and tried not to get
upset about it. If I wanted to,  I am sure I could get them in a lot of
trouble for this, but I am not the type to try to do that. Anyway, after
putting the pressure on myself, I finally got the CCNP now. I don't
think my employer recognizes what this certification is, but it's one
more step in the right direction. My plans are to work on the CSS1, but
I am going to spend a lot of time hands on with the 515 we just got in
and other actual equipment. I am taking some recovery time after this
series.

Brian Zeitz MCSE,CCNP