From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Howard C. Berkowitz
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 6:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Building a Cisco Lab [7:43072]

>Wayne,
>
>Ive had nothing but problems with 4000 series modular routers.  So many
>problems, in fact, that I've stopped selling them.  Too many hardware
>failures.  Stick with the 2500 series
>
>thanks,
>-Brad Ellis
>CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Cisco home labs:  www.optsys.net

Brad,

I don't doubt your current experience is accurate, but I'm curious.
When I was on the road teaching Cisco courses, the 2500's seemed to
fail more than the 4000's. Probably the most persistent 4000 problem
was one of the ports failing on the dual-Ethernet module.

Is there any pattern to what you are seeing?  I'm wondering if it's
just a mechanical problem with wear on the slot modules, or something
else that's aging.

Howard