Hello all,

        I just got finished with the beta written exam and thought I'd
comment while it's still fresh. This test was far and away the most
difficult Cisco exam I have ever seen and probably the toughest cert exam
period. Out of 150 questions I would say that there were thirty that I just
guessed at, very heavy on multicasting and MPLS, two things in which I have
no realworld exposure. Some BGP scenarios that were beyond my imagination
and certainly farfetched even in a large ISP. Bottom line is they have taken
some of us at our word that the original written exam was too easy. I have
yet to take the 350-001 but I have been studying towards it for the last
four months with practice exams and have the CCDP, this new test is not for
rookies. The worst part of this is that after probably failing my first
Cisco exam I came away knowing that I am a long way from being ready for the
lab.
I am not going to give up by a long shot but I have to re-think my strategy,
I need more training. Between my home lab and work I have probably touched
about fifty percent of what is covered. Back to the drawing board for me.
BTW. This test did allow you to go backwards. I did not have a single type
in the command question and only one decipher the RIF question. Lots of
scenarios and network illustrations.

Doug Mizell
CCNP/CCDP