The Cisco CSS11xxx can do NAT without degrading performance.  I have had
excellent experiences setting this up for clients.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Brian Zeitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Tue 5/7/2002 12:24 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: RE: Pix load balance? [7:42974]

        Dumb question, does any of these devices use nat? I just read that pix
        to DMZ interface uses dNat, not sure if that is faster. I was reading my
        Alteon Web Switch book last night, it says you CAN do nat, but I don't
        know if layer 4-7 switches actually DO nat normall. If it's a switch, it
        should be switching right, the translation gets done in layer 4. kinda
        confused.....