From: Cisco Nuts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 9:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Give up...Cannot ping from one spoke to another?? [7:43795]

Hello,

I have RTA configed as a FR hub with multipoint subif. I have RTB, RTC
and
RTE configed as spokes using only the serial intf. - FR network type
Non-Broadcast. Have 1 single FR map statement on the spokes pointing to
the
hub. Have 3 map statements on the hub pointing back to each of the 3
spokes.

Have Ospf configed. Area 0 the FR network for the serials. Area 1 on
RTA,
Area 10 on RTB and Area 4 on RTE each for the Ethernet side. Also have
the
neighbor statement on each spoke pointing to the hub with a priority of
2.

A show ip route reveals all the OSPF networks (O IA routes) on each
router.
I can only ping from the hub router RTA to networks on the spoke routers
BUT
I cannot ping from one spoke router to a network on another spoke router

EVEN though the routes are in the routing table?

Why is that?

A CATCH: I am not allowed to use the ip ospf network command anywhere
nor FR
map statements on each spoke pointing to the other spokes??

What is the way that will allow me to ping from RTB to RTC thru RTA the
hub
router?

I tried the default-information originate on the hub rtr. RTA but this
does
not seem to help - even though it installs a default route on each spoke

router.

I am giving up after tiring me eyes on CCO.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thank you for your help.