It's starting to make more sense, but this leads me to another question.

If Frame Relay creates a path through the switched network that all packets
will take, why is it called a packetswitching technology and not a circuit
switching technology?  If after an SVC is established, all packets take the
same path, and the SVC is disconnected or torn down, I would say that sounds
like circuit switching to me.

What are your thoughts?

Kevin