I don't think either other response actually answered the question.

     And the answer is: it depends.

     If you are in an area of the US with modern telephone switching
equipment (i.e. almost all of it), I believe the answer is "No, it will make
no difference."

     Should you find yourself on the set of "Deliverance" then it might be a
problem, but evading the hillbillies who are proclaiming that you have a
pretty mouth will be much higher on your list of priorities.

     You could also ask the telecom folks to replace your can of dialtone,
as you think it may be running low.

--Tim, the sarcastic