Folks while studying for the CCIE lab I was working on the VOIP portion. I
was configuring VOFR and according to Caslow 2nd edition, page 781 he states:

“NOTE: the configuration above will support a Voice over Frame-Relay service
only. It does not support both Voice and Data over Frame-Relay.”

During my experimentation I was able to get both Voice and normal IP traffic
over a VOFR link. I am not sure his wording meant the specific configuration
in the book or that it cannot be done once VOFR is enabled on an interface.
I have not checked CCO yet on this...

I am running this configuration on two 2620’s IOS ver. 12.1(14) with a back
to back serial frame-relay connection.(no Frame-Relay switch in between). To
see the doc. on back to back Frame-Relay without a switch see the following
link: http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/125/frbacktoback_hybrid.html

Nonetheless here are the relevant portions of the configs. for you
enjoyment…

The other dial peers are so I can jump between LAN and wan VOIP testing….

Just thought I would share this if anyone is interested…

/JS

ROUTER4#

voice-port 1/0/0
!