I wanted to post a followup....  I didn't mean to sound like I have an
attitude, etc with my previous post...

I've just always been a big believer in learning and understanding binary
(and Hex) from the get go, especially for subnetting, bitswapping, etc......
I learned binary to decimal conversions back on the VIC-20 and C-64 when I
was learning to make graphics for games and stuff.....  So I guess it comes
more natually to me.

Mike W.