Larry,
I had the idea right to use 255.255.255.192 mask because that is where the
bit boundary is. My question is why can't you use the 137.20.1.32/26 to
summarize from 32-95. What if you had a subnet zero and didn't want that
summarized. Why do I have to use the 137.20.1.0 network for summarization?
If we use this example:

172.20.8.0/22      00001000 >8
172.20.12.0/22     00001100 >12
                       ^Bit boundary=248
                   11111000 >248

                   00001000 >8 subnet
                   11111000 >248 mask
                   00001000 >8 subnet
I think I see now.If you binary AND the subnet and mask and get the subnet
you can use that subnet in your summarization. If the binary AND becomes
zero, then you must use zero as your network in the summary command. Is this
correct? I spent too much time on this and need things like this put to bed
for the Lab in November. Thanks.

area 11 range 172.20.8.0 255.255.248.0