Great explaination. I just had issues with not being able to use my .32
network address but now I see why.I am taking the road to CCIE very
carefully and try to understand exactly why things are the way they are.
That is why I love working on the networking end of things; There is a
definitive reason for every action. there are also standards(RFC's) that
need to be followed. I do a lot of Microsoft stuff at work and you apply a
patch that overwrites some .dll and a part of your website doesn't work. Its
so frustrating. I worked for 20 years in the electronics field and you could
calculate exactly what changing a value would do. this stuff is very
simular. Thanks for the help only about 1000 more things to conquer.