From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chuck
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 5:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: why my gigabit switch port speed only hit 10M? [7:44333]

interesting. I had a similar conversation with a customer last week. the
customer said they were running 100 megabit on cat 3 wire. I asked them how
they knew. The answer was essentially that they had link. ( connectivity )

there are many reasons you may not be getting real ( or perceived ) gigabit
on the link. Others have pointed those reasons out - slow disk drives, busy
server, or whatever. just cuz you have connectivity doesn't automatically
mean you will get the fastest throughput possible.