At 02:19 PM 5/23/02, Steven A. Ridder wrote:
>Does anyone at Cisco know if a dynamic routing-like protocol will be coming
>out for h.323 zones or dial-peers?  It's seems to be a pain to statically
>enter in dial-peers for all routers and h.323 zones.

Interesting question! It sort of relates to that CCIE lab rat conversation
we had that included a line something like "Do the PBX guys know VoIP?"
This is the other way around.

With dial peers, you're doing the sort of nitty-gritty administrative work
that PBX administrators have done for years. Whether some protocols will be
designed to make it easier and more dynamic or not, I don't know. It's a
good idea, but it might involve some philosophical paradigm shifts. Now I'm
sounding like an old-timer. ;-) Seriously it might take a "youngster" who
wouldn't even consider that the task is extremely difficult for both
technical and philosophical reasons.

That's my 0.00000010 cents.

Priscilla

>--