Steven,

I supposed it would really depend what else you're doing on the device.
I've worked with a pair of 3640s that each had 300 or so sub-interfaces on
them, running just EIGRP on the routers and they didn't miss a beat.  If
each of those sub-interfaces also had crypto running on them, I'm sure that
would be another story!!!  :)

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)