For BGP, a much more practical book IMHO is Bill Parkhurst's Cisco BGP-4
Command and Configuration Handbook. If covers BGP through IOS 12.0
something. You will want to augment your study with newer IOS release notes
as found on CCO. Great book. Can do many of the exercises with just 3
routers, and just about all of them with 4 or 5

I'm told that Parkhurst has a similar book covering practical OSPF
configuration, but I have not checked into it.

For DLSw, bridging, and IPX, you will want to take a look at Tan Nam-Kee's
book Configuring Cisco routers for bridging, DLSw+, and Desktop Protocols.

As a companion, and maybe as a slightly different way of looking at things,
try Terry Slattery and Bill Burton's book Advanced IP Routing in Cisco
Networks. The labs in there are not too bad for quick study.

A lot of folks I know are enthusiastic about CCIE Practical Studies by Karl
Solie. I've got it, read some of it, liked what I've read, and intend to
spend some time with it starting Real Soon Now.

In retrospect, Kennedy Clark's book Cisco LAN Switching was helpful for
sorting out issues with the 3920 switch configuration. I did not have time
to review other parts of it before my last attempt, but I liked what I did
read.

Someone who passed the lab recently advised me ( as have other folks who
have posted their success here and elsewhere ) that it remains CRITICAL that
you spend as much time as possible reading the command references as found
on CCO. Print as much out as you can. Study them. Knowing the knobs, knowing
where to find things is very helpful.

Best wishes

Chuck
Next Try December 2