Not worth dragging this one out much longer.

the router model is 36xx, which alone should be a big clue. the router is
situated so I can easily get to the serial ports, leaving the aux and con
ports up against the wall, so I have to reach behind, feel around with my
fingers, find the port, and fumble around some more to plug in. all other
models I have worked with have the con and aux port on the same side of the
box as the data ports. I guess the last time I used it I was fooling around
with aux port settings. it just never occurred to me that I was in the aux.

DOH!

On the other hand, all was not lost. I've had a good time simulating my
customer network, checking out my policy routing etc. interesting design. on
the clever side if I do say so myself. works like a charm, which means the
implementation people either aren't getting it, or the vlans are not
configured correctly on the switch. more on that another time.

Chuck
182 and counting down.

""Kaminski, Shawn G""  wrote in message
> Out of curiosity, what model router is the frame switch?
>
> Shawn K.

Had
> > some big projects to keep me out of my own lab for a while.
> >
> > So I have a customer network that I need to clean up a few things on. I
> > set
> > up a model in my own lab, cable everything up to emulate the customer's
> > situation, and begin. First step - configure the frame relay switch.
> >
> > try to get into enable mode. Keep getting asked for a password. Rats!
What
> > is the enable password? I try the usual suspects, and come up empty.
> >
> > no problem. I'll just do a quick password recovery. I do a search on
CCO,