Divide and conquer. If you had only one DSL line could you successfully ftp?
i.e. Is the problem at your end or the server end? Does the server end
require active or passive mode? Is there an access-list or firewall at the
remote end? At your end?
Once that works then consider forcing traffic out one interface. Policy
routing based on traffic to the ftp server could be directed.