Sorry for posting this again ....

Please check my logic on this frame-relay traffic shaping scenario:

My Bc is 8,000 bits
My Be is 16,000 bits
My CIR is 64 Kbps

If I send 1 burst of 56,000 bits then 4 bursts of 4,000 bits, after the 4th
burst of 4,000 bits I will be able to burst again but not before that.
Correct?

Here is my rational (Assume no congestion in the frame-relay network):

During the first Tc interval, I send Bc+Be.
During the second, third and fourth interval I can no longer burst
because I have used all my "burst credit".
At the end of the 4th Tc interval I have taken care of my first burst.

During the next four bursts, I am "paying back" so to speak on my credit
line because I am sending less than the CIR.
So on the 9th Tc interval I can burst again.

Pierre-Alex