Hi Folks!

I'm configuring QoS for a large network and I have some doubts about
Policy-maps. I configured this policy:

policy-map QoS
  class voice
      priority 24
  class very-high
     bandwidth percent 10
  class high
     bandwidth percent 20
  class medium
     bandwidth percent 30
  class low
     bandwidth percent 40
  class class-default
     fair-queue
     random-detect

As you can see, I gave 24 Kbps for voice packets with the "priority"
command. There are four other classes to which I gave 10, 20, 30 and 40
percent of the bandwidth. I also have a default class, that will match
packets not matching the other classes.

My question is: how much of the bandwidth will be reserved for each class??
Someone told me that 25% of the bandwidth is automatically reserved to the
class-default, but I couldn't find this on any document. Is that correct??
If yes, and assuming that I4m talking about a 64 Kbps link, then I would
have 16 Kbps (25% of 64Kbps) to the class-default, 24 Kbps to the voice
class and 24 Kbps to be divided through the 4 other classes by the
"bandwidth percent" command, which would give me 2.4Kbps, 4.8Kbps, 7.2Kbps
and 9.6Kbps. Is that correct???

I'll appreciate any help!

Thanks!!

Ednilson Rosa