The 500 exams for the ccnp are no longer(as of last week). But you should be
able to use the cisco books you have already purchased, for the 600 series
exams. The objectives are the same, just a new pool  of questions. I took
two of the exams in the beta form, an had used the books you mention. I am
not positive, but I believe the exams are good for three years. So as long
as you pass the remaining three exams in the next three years you will be
ok.    Best of luck
jason