Hi Everyone,

I've been using Cisco Freeware TACACS to manage Cisco over 500
routers/switches at my company which is a major financial institution
in the East Coast.  The TACACS server I am maintaining and developing
is capable of supporting user authentication in both EXEC and Privilege
mode and can handle Authorization and Accounting.  In other words, each
individual user has his/her own EXEC and Privilege password so that
everything that person does to any devices can be tracked and logged
for auditing purpose.  This is required by my company.  I've managed
to hack the Cisco Freeware TACACS source code to make this work.
The accounting log file can be written to a flat ASCII file or to a
Microsoft SQL, Oracle or MySQL database.  The TACACS server that I have
can give a user level-15 privilege yet that user can not perform
level-15 commands due to Authorization feature.  I am currently
this TACACS server on a Linux; however, it can be easily ported to
other Unix platforms.

Having said that, I am wondering if there is a need out there for IT
folks in the Enterprise or Service Providers environment.  I know that
Cisco is also selling Cisco ACS which runs on both Windows and Solaris
but it costs money to run ACS, not including the expensive hardware,
Operating Systems in addition to Cisco ACS.  Therefore, I am wondering
if IT folks is interested what I am about to offer.

I've put together a one-day training program to train Network
Ops/Engineering folks on how to install, configure and maintaing TACACS
server running on Unix/Linux platforms using Cisco Freeware TACACS.
You will learn how TACACS work with Cisco routers and Switches.  You
will also be provided with the modify source code to implement EXEC and
PRIVILEGE passwords for each user.  I will also train you on the
Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) to make TACACS in
your environment.  At the end of the training, everyone will receive
an instructional video on CD (in REAL, Windows format) so that you can
review again at your own time.  I will also provide free tech-support
for 30 days after the training; however, I very much doubt anyone will
contact me after the training because the training is very in-depth.
I also will show you the adv./disadvantage of running TACACS service
as stand-alone process or as part of inetd/xinetd process.

The reason I want to do this is because I would like to pass on my
knowledge with Freeware TACACS to other folks.  For folks who
use tacacs to manage routers/switches, I just don't see the
justification of spending money on Cisco ACS.

I am almost done with the instructional video.  If there is enough
in the training, I will put one together.  The material is ready.

Regards,
Dave