Hi,

The Pix don't route, but can I do this?

I have a 2 server 20 user small office.

I have a Pix 506 sitting in front of a 2621 with a T1 and a DSL link to the
Internet.  I'm not looking to load balance or even do redundancy.  I just
want traffic from the servers to use the T1 and I want traffic from the
users to use DSL.  I could use access-lists on the 2621 to direct the
traffic based on source address, but how will the 2621 know where the
traffic came from?  Won't all traffic have a source address of the Pix
outside interface?  What if I Nat the servers(on PIx) so that they will
appear to have a different source IP than the users who will be behind the
global outside address?  I'll need more public addresses, but that would be
fine.

I can't get any help from Cisco Pre-Sales because they aren't sure.  I can't
get an engineer that knows more than me (not much).

My fall back plan is to only use the 2621 and have a firewall IOS.  But I
would rather use the Pix, especially because we have already quoted the
above solution and are working to save face.

Thanks

--
Wayne Jang
Advanced Computer Technologies, Inc.