Hi ,

I have a WAN connection my branch in Sydney to the head office in London. I
need to access the web page that located in London web server.  Normally, I
feel the access is very slow when the link is congested. It is a 256K link.
But now when I feel the access is very slow too but the link is not
congested with only 25% utilization.  But, I found the round trip time to
London increase from 200ms to 440ms.  How does it affect the performance????
  And I checked with the provider, they said the main undersea link is
having problem, we are on alternate path now.  I suspect is that because the
undersea cable utilization is very congested, so the provider only allocated
small bandwidth to us. Is that possible?  How to determine??  Will provider
cheat us on leased line bandwidth or the RTD affect a low on performance?