Ok, problem solved...And there is a very important lesson to learn here that
I will get to in a minute...

The eigrp neighbor problem was due to the fact that on the hub, I defined
the neighbors in the eigrp process, where on the spokes I did not.  I was
able to pinpoint this as the problem by doing "debug eigrp packet" and
"debug eigrp neighbor."  The error messages indicated that the hub was
receiving multicast hellos, where the spokes were receiving unicast hellos.
Both ends were discarding the hello's because they were in a format not
"compatible" with what they were configured to use.  Once I wiped all of the
neighbor definitions altogether, the neighborships formed instantly.  Man, I
could kick myself!  I did, however go back in my books and look for
something that says you can't do this, and didn't find anything, so I don't
feel quite so stupid.

Ok, now for the very important lesson to learn from all this:  This list is
an awesome pool of knowledge to draw from, but is of absolutely no use to
you if you feed it inaccurate information, just as I did with the configs
that I provided "from memory" (what was my name again, I forget).  I failed
to include the neighbor configuration (along with providing incorrect map
statements where interface-dlci statements were actually used), and thus
eliminated any chance of any of the experts on the list helping me figure
this out in less than the 2 hours I wasted on it.  So.....If you are going
to post information...ESPECIALLY router configs....make sure you give people
a chance by providing them with the WHOLE story, unlike me.

Big thanks to Chuck, cebuano, and the others who attempted to help me.

Kelly Cobean