From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Ken Diliberto
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 11:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Rogue Wireless LANs [7:47287]

Agreed.  This could be a big legal trap.

If you use something like Network Stumbler, you're not actually using
their network.  You're just seeing the broadcasts from it.  Maybe that
would be a good approach.

Ken

>>> "Thomas E. Lawrence"  06/25/02 11:09AM >>>
I realize you are speaking in jest, but for those who might consider
this
approach as a means of drumming up business, you may want to give some
thought.

Connecting to a network to which you have no reason nor any right to
connect
can be considered hacking, and you could be subject to prosecution,
ironically by an organization that is asking for trouble anyway.Just
because
I don't have locks on my doors does not mean it's ok for you to walk
into my
home any time you please.

Please be careful how you approach a company when you have discovered
by
accident a particularly egregious vulnerability.

Tom

[snip]