Morgan Hansen wrote:

> Should I go directly for one of the CCNP exams or would I benefit from
> holding on to my CCNA, studying for the CCDA perhaps for the time being?

Consider the Vedic principle: "The highest first." As long as Cisco
continues to have no prerequisites for the CCIE exams, maybe you
should head straingh for the CCIE, especially if you've got access to
equipment and everyday experience with the configuring and
troubleshooting of routers and switches. Otherwise, start building
your CCXX lab in your basement and go for the CCNP, then the CCIE. The
CCNP will take time and give you much of the background knowledge and
practice you'll need for the final goal.

-- TT