I'm new to this, but I'm willing to take a crack at it.

1) dial plans are local to the CM cluster, yes you should have an overall
plan.

2) the route patterns work on a longest match basis. you should have a
calling search space that includes your local users partition, and the
associated dial pattern for RTP should be something like 6xxxx for local,
and a longer one for other locations. you may have to fool with your dial
timeout. I believe the default is a few seconds wait before the CM decides
you have stopped dialing. Either that or train your users to terminate all
calls with the #

3) call my employer, who happens to be one of the top AVVID integrators in
the country. ( I'm not part of that team, obviously ) We have a good group
of CCIE's with extensive voice experience who will get it done for you.

Open to correction where necessary.

HTH

Chuck