For the past 5 days, I've been on the phone for at least two and a half hours
trying to get something relatively simple done at Telus.  I've spoken with
several helpdesk techs, three senior helpdesk techs, have been told numerous
times that this is being escalated to the appropriate department for
resolution, but somehow I keep getting the senior techs phoning me back
instead.  I'm hoping someone here would be able to contact the appropriate
people on my behalf to get this accomplished.

What I want is simple.  Telus is sending out a DHCP offer message using its
domain name (ab.hsia.telus.net).  I'm using a domain name - I have domain
name
privileges as part of my internet account, and want it sent out instead.
It's
creating problems because my machine believes it's name is something other
than what it should be.

I could edit the dhcp script that runs on my Red Hat box, but I'm not a
programmer and I'd probably create more problems than what it is I'm trying
solve--and it's always been my philosophy that things should be fixed
properly
rather than bandaged and forgotten about--which inevitably always seems to
come back and bite you in the butt once you've forgotten about the fix you
had
to implement.  Is Telus' DHCP server so complex that this can't be done?

Is there anyone out there able to help?

Thanks in advance...

   -- Leigh Anne

PS.  Please keep all replies to this message off the group - and reply
directly to myself only.