Team,
I just got my new baby Pix 501 (wow...how small it is, it looks like a
toy)....Below is my configuration, my problem is that Pat does not seems to
be able to work, I have cable-modem and they only provided one ip, I am able
to ping from the firewall to any pc on my LAN, I am able to ping from the
firewall to any ip on the Internet but I am not able to ping from any PC on
my LAN to any ip on the Internet, Be aware that this id the first time I am
using a Cisco Firewall, This morning I got the book Cisco Secure PIX
Firewall. Your help is very appreciated as always.......Another question,
The ios on this baby is the same on the high end firewalls, If I am able to
learn as much as my brain can take will I be able to configure a high-end
pix and feel comfortable.....

Thanks, (What I am doing wrong......)

JB

pixfirewall# show config
: Saved
:
PIX Version 6.1(1)
nameif ethernet0 outside security0
nameif ethernet1 inside security100
enable password MTz0ptrM4U8gsjGv encrypted
passwd 2KFQnbNIdI.2KYOU encrypted
hostname pixfirewall
fixup protocol ftp 21
fixup protocol http 80
fixup protocol h323 1720
fixup protocol rsh 514
fixup protocol rtsp 554
fixup protocol smtp 25
fixup protocol sqlnet 1521
fixup protocol sip 5060
fixup protocol skinny 2000
names
pager lines 24
interface ethernet0 10baset
interface ethernet1 10full
mtu outside 1500
mtu inside 1500
ip address outside dhcp setroute
ip address inside 192.168.74.11 255.255.255.0
ip audit info action alarm
ip audit attack action alarm
pdm logging informational 100
pdm history enable
arp timeout 14400
global (outside) 1 interface
nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0
timeout xlate 0:05:00
timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 rpc 0:10:00 h323
0:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00
timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute
aaa-server TACACS+ protocol tacacs+
aaa-server RADIUS protocol radius