That is good ... but does the fact that the modem ring and indication that I
have a proper voice link? Could it be that if picked up the phones that I
would not be able to hear anything from the other side?
And could a simple debug demonstrate that I have a crystal clear voice
connection on the other side with no echos, etc .... Seems to me that I
would be missing quite a lot in doing a voice lab other the Internet. Are my
assumptions correct? Or am I just paranoid ...

Thank you,

Pierre-Alex