I had a conversation with a cisco engineer about why there are so many
undocumented commands. He basically told me that before a command is
documented it needs to be documented (no pun intended) by the engineer, this
as it turns out is not as easy as it would sounds. There is a process that
needs to be completed on the engineers side that documents all possible
output, provides debugs and command syntax in all possible compinations. The
fact that this is so time consuming many engineers avoid doing it!

     Oleg Oz.