I received my PIX 501 this afternoon! Hoowever I can not access it via PDM.
I got the 56bit DES key from Cisco, but I can't figure out how to activate
the thing. The documentation just goes through upgrading the FW IOS and at
the end it will prompt you for the key. I don't want to upgrade the IOS,
just install the key. Any ideas? Please note my versions (no command
activate-key). Thanks

show version:
Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.1(3)
Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 1.1(2)

Compiled on Fri 22-Feb-02 08:15 by morlee

pixfirewall up 45 mins 40 secs

Hardware:   PIX-501, 16 MB RAM, CPU Am5x86 133 MHz
Flash E28F640J3 @ 0x3000000, 8MB
BIOS Flash E28F640J3 @ 0xfffd8000, 128KB

0: ethernet0: address is 000a.411e.f696, irq 9
1: ethernet1: address is 000a.411e.f697, irq 10

Licensed Features:
Failover:       Disabled
VPN-DES:        Disabled
VPN-3DES:       Disabled