Tom Scott wrote:

> BTW what does "wei" mean in futurewei and huawei?

Thief? Copy Cat? One who has no innate creativity and takes ideas from
others? ;-)

Seriously, they can't possibly have stolen the actual IOS code or Cisco
would close them down. Most of the protocols are industry standards, so why
shouldn't they make a router that can do those protocols too? Even with
EIGRP, there's enough info out there to make it work almost like Cisco's
EIGRP.

Copying the CLI is somewhat questionable, but they wouldn't be the first
company to do it. I'm no legal expert, but I doubt you can copyright things
like "show running-config" anyway.

Maybe they will improve on Cisco's CLI? ;-) Cisco's CLI isn't really very
well done. They aren't even consistent regarding when and when not to use a
hyphen, for example, or when to include a word as part of the command versus
a parameter.

So, even though the lack of innovation bugs me, I can't see anything
seriously wrong with it. I wouldn't want to work for a company that just
copied someone else's work, but a lot of people don't seem to mind.

Cisco can still win out by offering better service, tech support, training,
warranties, and simply by stomping on them with better advertising and
marketing.

My $0.00000010.

Priscilla