Well, AMD actually co-developed CPUs with Intel, so they would have no need
to copy.  And (sorry Priscilla, this isn't meant for you), but when will
people get it through their head that Microsoft DID NOT COPY Apple.  That
implies Apple was the first computer to use a mouse and GUI, which is
definitely NOT the case!  If one truly believes that Microsoft copied Apple,
then Apple is as much of a copycat as Microsoft was (see following URL):

http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/books/far/ch4_b3.html

Please give the above URL to everyone you know that spouts this garbage lest
this misinformation about Apple being the revolutionary genius that
"created" the GUI will continue.  Geez.....

Mike W.