From: John Neiberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Qwest DSL [7:50176]

I've been planning to do a test with this but I haven't gotten around to it,
primarily because I don't trust the code-level needed to use that WIC.  I
have a couple here but I haven't tried to implement them.  It should be
relatively painless, but that's dependent on your configuration.

One major consideration that made me change my mind about this is that the
Qwest DSL support staff are clueless and non-standard installations may be a
bad idea.  They have scripted questions that they have to ask no matter what
and those are only applicable to the devices they support.  If you choose to
use the ADSL WIC then you won't be able to provide exactly what they're
asking for, which will only extend troubleshooting sessions beyond the usual
1-1.5 hours.  ;-)

I suppose this depends on your setup with Qwest, though.  We are a
MegaCentral customer with remote sites connecting directly back to our
headquarters on an ATM link.  99% of the DSL support staff have no
understanding of this configuration and they get confused right off the bat.

Just something to think about.

John

>>> "Erich Kuehn"  7/30/02 2:42:05 PM >>>
There is nothing real special about qwest, this price seems right, and only
19 business days for an install, Do you have any other recommendations? I
need to put this into a colo rack and cant spare anymore space for a DSL
modem.