Hello Group members!

        I have to configure Frame Relay in a hub and spoke topology and have
to run OSPF over it. I will use Cisco routers of course. I've read very much
FR and OSPF literature, and now I'm a little confused.

        I will use point-to point subinterfaces in the hub router. Can I use
simple the physical (no subinterface) serial interface in the spoke routers,
or do I have to make one subinterface on every spoke routers?

         Every example use this latter method, but I think normal serial
interface can connect to the point-to-point subinterface.  Can you tell me,
what is the truth?

        Some text says, that if I use OSPF over FR I have to use static
mapping without  any expalantion.

        I saw some configuration examples, for example on CCO, and Routing
TCP/IP Volume 1 which didn't use static mapping. So can I use Inverse ARP,
or do I have to use static mapping? (Is it true that if I use frame-relay
map command it will disable Inverse ARP for the specified protocoll?)

        I read that I have to use bandwidth command because some routing
protocol (IGRP, EIGRP) use it to define the metric of the link. This command
is also the basis for some statistics.

        OSPF also use the link bandwidth to calculate the metric (the
formula to calculate the cost is reference bandwidth divided by interface
bandwidth), if I don't use the ip ospf cost  command. After all I saw
that there was no bandwidth command in all of the  sample configurations .
When do I have to use it????
        I'm waiting for your kind answer and information.
        Thank you for anybody's  help.
        Best regards,

                    Tamas Horvath
                    network engineer