when in doubt, check the docs on CCO ( although as I delve deeper into the
3550 docs, I am finding many things that don't jibe )

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/comref/m1.
htm#69312
watch the wrap

mls rp ip (global configuration mode)
Use the mls rp ip command to enable external systems to establish IP
shortcuts to the MSFC. Use the no form of this command to remove a prior
entry.

mls rp ip [input-acl | route-map]

no mls rp ip

not that I have a clue what you are talking about - but thre is the command
( and the "no" form of the command. )  There is also an interface command of
the same name.

""Cisco_Maniac""  wrote in message
> Dave,
> I am sure the command 'no mls rp ip' would work in the Cat 6509. I have
seem
> it in the Todd Lamle guide for switching. Boy, I am currently studying for
> S/W I got to remember stuff from the study material, unless  have started
> aging and my memory has started to fail. Could you just check on that? I
am
> sure there was something about disabling MLS on Cat5000 and Cat6000
> series....something on 'Right way' and 'Wrong way'. Just check.
> You are correct in Cat5000 MLS is disabled by default and in Cat6000 it is
> enabled by default.
> Ok, you dont get I/O stat on VLAN interface but if you have Plicy Feature
> Card, you should be able to get a lot more information isnt it. PFC is
used
> for billing information gathering and that means you have a lot of info
> which you need to decifer. Isnt it?
> Over to you Dave...
> Cisco_Maniac
>

> ""MADMAN""  wrote in message
> > Cisco_Maniac wrote:
> > >
> > > Agreed Dave. RSM and MSM are bothe blades and occupy a slot of Cat
5XXX
> and
> > > Cat 6XXX series chassis. Also the MSFC and RSFC are daughter cards as
> you
> > > rightly pointed out. I did a bit or reserch myself and came to the
> > > conclusion that the mother cards are basically Internal Routers and
> nothing
> > > else, running Cisco IOS and having virtual interfaces having MAC
address
> > > from a shared global pool. They act as "Router-on-a-stick" model.
> > > But, the daughter cards mentioned above are like
> "Route-once-Switch-many"
> > > kind of MLS modules. They route the first time and then create a flow
by
> > > cashing the entry in memory. This is the feature of NetFlow Feature
Card
> > > inbuilt into RSFC and MSFC.
> > > Along with MSFC now Cisco also has Policy Feature Card that does much
> more
> > > in Policy and QoS. Am I correct guys?
> > > But guys, does this mean: -
> > > 1. RSFC card function  = RSM card function + NSFC card function
> > > 2. MSFC card function = MSM card function + NSFC card function
> > > Are the above ideas true? I am confused, so help me!!
> >
> >   Roughly I would say your correct.  The RFSC and MSFC are also higher
> > performing and you cannot run an MSFC without the PFC.  I got a call
> > last week from a customer who was wondering why his HSRP wasn't
> > working.  HSRP was running between a 5500 w/RSM and a 6509 w/MSFC.  When
> > transfering files he would not see any traffic on the MSFC VLAN
> > interface.  The reason is that MLS is enabled by default and you can't
> > disable it on the 6500 so after the first packet is routed by the MSFC
> > all subsequent packets are switched in hardware hence no input/output
> > statistics on the VLAN interface.
> >
> >   Dave
> >
> > > Thanks guys,
> > > Cisco_Maniac
> > >
> > > ""MADMAN""  wrote in message
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
RSFC