What version of Raptor?

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 01 August 2002 22:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Very odd problem [7:50459]

Hello all,
I have a problem that I can barely describe, let alone quantify. I seek
the assistance of the masters, and suspect this might be an interesting
thing for those of us in the student role.

Here goes:

I have an internal network seperated from a partner network
via a 6500 switch/router which is also running NAT.  There is
also a Raptor firewall between my network and the border switch. There
are some servers in the partner network that are accessed from my
network.  The 6500 has static NAT entries for those
servers.  The firwall rulebase is set to allow the connections.

The problem is, I can not connect to a specific server in the
partner network.. that is, until that server pings my workstation. After
that, I can connect to them.

What could be the cause of this?  Could it be a NAT issue? Where might I
start troubleshooting?

-Ds