I thought of one workaround but I don't know if it would work. Use a
loopback interface. Perhaps OSPF would use the address in a way that would
meet your needs. Then, would IOS let you say that the HSRP address is the
loopback address also?? That's the part that I don't have time to test.

It may be an off the wall suggestion, but your question is sort of off the
wall too!? ;-)

Priscilla