He Shuchen wrote:

> Thank you Priscilla Oppenheimer and other people here. and I am
> sorry because English is not my native language.

No problem. I think it's admirable that you can speak English at all.

At the bottom of the box where you type messages, if you are using the Web
interface, is a button that says Quote. If you click on that button, then
your message will include the message to which you are responding.

Most of us read these messages in a connectionless, stateless fashion. We
can't understand messages that don't have any history with them. It's too
much work to go back and look at previous messages.

> It's a little
> difficult to read a lot of information in the group. I will
> notice previous messages before I ask question.

Noticing isn't the problem. Use the Quote button please. That's the point.
Or if you do GroupStudy via e-mail, then configure your e-mail application
to include the message to which you are responding. Thanks.

>   I configured the 2520 router as Frame Relay switch and
> connected it to a 2501 with a DTE to DCE v.35 Cross-over cable.
> It's my lab environment. The 2520 is DCE and 2501 is DTE. The
> 2520's RTS=down, but 2501's DCD=up  DSR=up  DTR=up  RTS=up
> CTS=up. It have up for several days. I think it's a hardware
> problem with the 2520's serial problem. Other interfaces in
> 2520 are ok. and I'm sure it's not a cable problem because I
> have used another cable.
>   The IOS is c2500-i-l.121-7.bin.

I think it may be a hardware problem too. It may be a problem with the 2501,
however. It should assert RTS since it's the DTE side. By doing more
testing, you can determine if the problem resides with the DTE side not
asserting RTS or the DCE side not recognizing that RTS has been asserted.

But for now it works, so that's good! Please keep us informed if it
continues to work. It's an interesting question. Thanks for bringing it to
our attention.

I'm sorry if my English is too complicated or for any errors. I don't spell
check anymore now that I use the Web interface. :-)

Priscilla