You should try telenetting 172.1.1.1 2001.
Thanks
 John McCartney wrote:Hi all,

I am in need of some help from you guru's with reverse telnet using a 2509.
I haven't had to use it yet and I'm trying to get it working on my home lab.

I set up a 2501_A to reverse telnet into a 2509 and from there I want to go
into another 2501_B. I have set up the following:

on 2501_A:
===============================
interface Loopback0
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.0.0.0

line con 0
password xxxxx
login
transport input pad v120 telnet rlogin udptn
line aux 0
modem InOut
transport preferred none
transport input all
speed 19200
flowcontrol hardware
line vty 0 4
login

2509:
============================
interface Loopback0
ip address 172.1.1.1 255.0.0.0
!
!
interface Async1
ip unnumbered Loopback0
ip tcp header-compression passive
async dynamic address
async mode interactive

line con 0
line 1 8
session-timeout 20
no exec
exec-timeout 0 0
session-limit 3
modem InOut
transport input all
flowcontrol hardware
line aux 0
modem InOut
transport preferred telnet
transport input all
rxspeed 38400
txspeed 38400
flowcontrol hardware
line vty 0 4
exec-timeout 60 0
password xxxxx
login

when I do a telnet 10.0.0.1 2001 it gives me :

Router_A#telnet 10.0.0.1 2001
Trying 10.0.0.1, 2001 ... Open

I hit return and nothing happens and I can't do anything from there except
exit out CTRL-SHFT-6-x. How do I get from the TS to the other 2501..Are my
cfg's missing something? does anyone have a working cfg that I could look at
and tell me the right cabling needed. I have the octal cable plugged into
2501_B CON is that right? I also have a stright thru from 2501_A AUX to 2509
CON. Thanks
Do You Yahoo!?