Having all sub-areas use the same area-id is functionally possible, but
imposes some key limitations.  First off, you can only have ABRs that
terminate 1 sub-area as they have no mechanism for differentiating more
than one. If one were to connect multiple, similarly identified yet
separate areas to the ABR, you would end up with one area thereby defeating
your original goal.  This is about the only key limitation I can think of
off hand, but is highly restrictive and certainly overcomes any desire to
optimize config script tools.

pete